SEC allows for several different levels of involvement based on each person’s individual interests and availability. We welcome all members of the Stanford community. The only prerequisite is an interest in energy, so whether you come from engineering, economics, finance, law, or any other field, we are excited to have you get involved today! Here’s how:
1. Sign up for our mailing list and come to events.
This is the most basic way to get involved with the energy club and learn about the vibrant energy community and numerous opportunities on Stanford’s campus.
- Sign up for our once-a-week events/jobs digest. It includes information on events, jobs, and other items related to energy, without filling up your inbox.
- Attend SEC events. These include panel discussions, site visits to companies in the Bay Area, and socials.
- Take advantage of our jobs board and bulletins.
- Find us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
2. Join an SEC team and take on more responsibility.
If you want to plan and execute cool events, gain organizational and leadership experience, interact with leaders, VCs, and entrepreneurs in energy, and have a greater say in the operations of the club, this is the way to do it.
Learn more about our different teams by clicking here
The SEC recruits new officers at the beginning of Autumn and Spring quarters. We also accept new officers on an as-needed, rolling basis. Find us at our semi-annual open house or contact the exec team for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Join the executive board.
The highest level of involvement in the club, with the most influence over the club’s direction and the best access to all the resources the club has to offer. Executive board elections are held at the end of winter quarter.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Questions? Email us: email@example.com